Monday, August 07, 2006

back from KL

Yay! Im back from KL and im in one piece. Haha to junxian who says KL is not safe for 2 small girls. Anyway, im soo freaking tired. My shoulders ache like hell, due to the heavy load that i carried back home..hehe

The trip was good..norain and i shopped like we've never shopped before and then we lost our bearings and almost gave up hope. Ok, im exaggerating here but we kind of got lost at BB plaza and sungei wang. We couldnt find the exit so farhana had to wait like, for 1/2 hour i think? The only glitch to the trip was the 1 hour traffic jam at johor when we were on our way back home. My god, i was so pissed off, not with the jam, but the people at home who kept calling and msging me. What the fuck right? If i said i was coming home, it means by hook or by crook i WILL COME HOME. Bengap mentega seh.

Far joined us in the evening, it was fun lah. Was like a slumber party. I loved the chicken rice that we ate for lunch on saturday. The fried sotong was soooo nice and the fried beansprouts were so fresh and juicy. Wahaha,my mouths watering right now..heee

I took the mrt for the first time and to tell you the truth, it was scary. Its not like the system in singapore where we have direct line and just change the lane to go to other stations. This one, when you change, you have to get out of the station and change at another station which was across the road. And the underground one... My god, i think norain knew that i was scared because it was cramped and people just kept pushing you in. Men just push your back in the train macam takde ape2. Like, HELLO, there's such a thing as mouth and words. Dont you know how to speak? And when the train moves to the left or right, you can really tersungkur if you dont hold on to something. I dont think i'll be taking the underground train again. But i'll take the monorail, its sooo cute....hehehe...

And then there's this malay lady, malay tau, she was so rude. Norain gave her 50 ringgit because we dont have small change and then you know what she said? ' Takde duit besar lagi ke?' ( No bigger notes ar?) And norain replied, 'Duit lagi besar blum kluar kan lagi'. And when we wanted to give her 10 ringgit, with a really irritating voice, like WE owe her something, she said 'Tak payahlah, dah tukar dah nie'. Norain was sooo pissed off she bahasekan the FAT lady by saying 'and this is what you call good service.' Haiz...we are malays, why the need to be so rude? if you dont like your job, then jangan kerje lagi. You're working at the info counter, you should be nice regardless of how tired you are because its YOUR DAMN JOB. Other than that, the people at the other info counters were really nice and friendly.

Oh yar, forgot to write about the incident at the singapore customs. The first one was when we were going into malaysia. This customs uncle kept looking at my photo and my face 5 to 6 times. Even when he was done scanning my passport, he took one long look at me and back at my picture. I looked at him with the What-do-you-want face. And when we were going back yesterday, the same thing happened. But this time, the young, chinese officer had something to say..

Officer: Ms Diana? This is you? Never change picture ar? ( all the while looking back and forth from my passport to me with an amused smile)

Me: Yar, old photo lah, was in secondary school.

Officer: Oh, now you're 20? Look so young and pretty..blah, blah

Me: Heeee (HUH? What do you want from me? Just check the thing and let me go lah!!)

And then after he finally did what he was supposed to do with my passport, he let me off with a smile. Whatever man.. Norain kept laughing over the incident, she could see and hear the conversation as she was behind the yellow line. I mean, what's so funny? The photo was taken ages ago, and its not like i was unrecognisable? And after i went off, the officer asked norain 'Your poly friend?' Haiz...maybe i should change photo if i dont want anymore unwanted stares and questions thrown my way...

No comments: