Saturday, February 12, 2005

aftermath

I just finished watching The Beatles anthology. It was nice but quite sad at the same time. Without John Lennon, the group wasn’t complete. Even though I don’t really know The Beatles that well and im not a fan, I find their music liberating and fresh. You should know by now that my favourite song is Michelle.. hehe. I feel that The Beatles music is so unique and there’s this certain aura surrounding it. Yeah, yeah, you will be saying ‘whatever’ right now..
I cant believe it but my shoulders are sun burnt. I forgot to put on sun screen lotion at the shoulder area where I pulled up my sleeve. Now its red, its so itchy and it has a burning sensation. This sucks but the picnic at Sentosa was fun. Too bad my legs didn’t tan. The sea was blueish green, the sun was shining brightly, the breeze was blowing at our faces and it was so beautiful. I could have just sat under a tree and wrote a poem. We set up the tent and we started eating the nasi sambal goreng that my aunt cooked for us. Then we quickly changed and jumped into the sea. It was so cold and refreshing. I don’t know why but I kept bending my fingers at the water’s edge as though it’s the edge of a cupboard or something solid. I felt so liberated and inspired. Kept speaking in chim malay to my cousins until they didn’t know what to say. They just went ‘Wah, da dapat inspirasi pat laut?’ Hehe..
Went to school’s library just now. Asked Marinah whether she was going and she didn’t reply. I was reading Libeskind’s Radix Matrix when she replied that she just woke up. Haha, my prediction was true. As I was busy reading the book, I happened to see a pair of boots that looked so familiar. Guess who? It was the old dude, standing in front of the sign. I was shocked at first and contemplated whether or not I should call him. Actually, I was scared that if I called and its not him, it would be soo embarrassing. But when I check the new hairdo and the boots, it was definitely him. So I was like, “Mr Faris” in a very unsure tone. I guess he was so shocked to see me that he took a couple of steps back. The look on his face was so funny that I had to refrain myself from bursting out with laughter. Hahaha.. really man, I guess it’s a once in a lifetime thing to see the old dude who is usually composed, getting shocked. Hahaha, I cant stop laughing now. Its really hilarious, he looked like a frail old man who just saw a ghost. Hehehe..
Anyway, with the hong bao money that my mum’s boss gave, I went to Popular and bought pens and a file. It might sound like nothing to you but for me, its like a blessing? No, that’s not the right word. I forgot the word but I felt so organized when I bought those stuff. Its like, ‘ok, I bought new stationery. Now im ready to face the world,
(which are actually the notes and books)’. Hehe, lame but that’s the feeling I get everytime I buy stationery.
I had a weird dream this morning. I was running through a dark cave-like walkway. There was magic and I guess I broke the rule or something. I didn’t get punished but the judge or whoever that’s in charge proclaimed something. Everyone got pissed and it was all because of me. Then we walked down a narrow spiral staircase which seemed to be alive. It kept enlarging and then shrinking. When we reached the bottom of the stairs, we were at a big old library. It was somewhere between Harry Potter’s library and Junxian’s Penguin retail space. There were loads of books but I couldn’t stop walking because there was something important that we had to do. So we walked into another dark, cave-like walkway. I couldn’t see who was walking in front, only the shadows were visible. Then at the next moment we were outside. It was an
almost barren countryside. I think there was a farm. The scenery was like Steven Holl’s project. I cant remember anything else, just that the colours that I saw were mostly brownish and dark yellowish.
Hmm.. so whats the significance of the dream? I have no idea. Hey, im supposed to do the details for the retail space, why the hell am I blogging? Damn it, I think I’ll detail at night lah. Ciao..

No comments: