Friday, September 30, 2005

bb

29 sept, 6 pm, Thursday

I had a haircut. Alone. I would usually ask someone to accompany me but this time, there was no one. It was ok except for the fact that I got the same response every time I want a very short haircut, “No, no cannot. You have natural curl, later your hair will curl, not nice”. God, doesn’t everyone’s hair curl after a haircut? YES. Man, I swear to you, they’ve had a hairdresser cabinet member’s meeting and they’ve come to an agreement that I’m the main target for this kind of ‘natural curl’ excuse. Damn it. And the haircut is a typical one. Haiz, I just have to live with it then, never mind, my hair will grow.

Anyway, went to school to watch marinah and colleen’s crit. That and to meet bapak to tell him about our ideas for the chair. The dude told me that he would be free close to noon but then he came into the studio at around 2 plus. Ooh nice. I would have screamed at him if not for the fact that he gave me 2 cds to listen to. Hehe, I’m a sucker for music. As usual, he brought me Morrissey and the stone roses which he said is classic. I don’t know why he keeps doing this. Is it to make fun of my love towards rock music or is there a deeper philosophical meaning to the songs that he wants me to find out? I guess I’ll never know. But really, I’m glad he lent me his Radiohead cds. Radiohead is soo cool. Oh yar, I finally got to listen to Creep. At last, after 2 long years, I finally get to listen to the song. It’s so beautiful. I think secretly, all of us feel that way too, the need to be special and beautiful. I feel like a weirdo sometimes but how do you really define weird at this point in life when people are eating worms and all that shit in fear factor? So I’m not weird after all. You’re not giving justice to all the weirdo’s in the world by calling me a weirdo. Weirdo’s are cool you know, which I am definitely not.

Anyway, the ideas that adeq and I had for the chair project are to leave imprints on the chair, to cut and assemble the chair so that it looks senget or something. I have to give credit to adeq for coming out with most of the ideas. As usual, she is always full of ideas. Bapak burst our bubble by saying that we won’t win if we carry on with our ideas. Well, realistically, I have to agree with him. Those people judge on how the chair can be marketed and not how arty farty it looks. Anyway, I didn’t count on winning, I joined it to forget about t3 for awhile. Which is impossible because it’s still haunting me.

I have listened to phantom planet’s cd. God, track 6 and 7, which is ‘In our darkest hour’ and ‘Turn, smile shift repeat’, is soooo nice. Track 7 sounds like radiohead’s type of music while track 6 is so weird but catchy. Don’t get me started on Nirvana’s cd. So honest, raw and full of energy is Kurt’s voice. Makes it hard to believe that he’s died. Isn’t it sad to be giving up life so easily when all of us know that life is still beautiful, in spite of all the shit that fucks up our life once in a while? Just think of it, we’ve been given the chance to live, make mistakes, love and die. Don’t you think it makes sense to make our short time living worthwhile? Maybe, Kurt has found it worthwhile, that’s why he’s left. Well, I don’t know, anyway, why am I crapping about life and all? I’ve got lots of work to do. Ciao.

No comments: