Thursday, May 24, 2007

LP review

I've gotta admit, it took me 3 listens (2 listens were full blast it almost deafened me) to finally proudly declare that Linkin Park's 3rd album is worth buying. Dont ask me how i got the full songs on my mp3, just know that i will get the album soon, when im not broke.

Back to the songs, i was so disappointed and really annoyed when i first heard the songs. I felt betrayed and cheated. I asked myself, ' Why LP, Why are you doing this?' It sounds so pop, mellow, kind of like what you've heard of from the new bands which are popping out like mushrooms after a rainy day.

But when i really, really listened to it, while letting go of my expectations and also what i have heard from them, it starts to sound good. LP really reinvented (i think), and came out with something fresh. My darling Chester's voice is more deeper, sounds like he's growling most of the time (which is very hot) and there's loads of screaming on his part. I like it that there's not much rapping. And the guitars were good. One song even sounded like a malay song due to the guitar solo, though i cant quite remember the title. My favourite is Given Up, cos Chaz screams a lot, alamak, so super duper hot lah his voice.

Though im not totally bonkers over this album, its still worth buying and its still LP, so yeah, im gonna get it...Woot....Hmm, maybe i should ask boss for $20 advance...;p

On a sidenote, i had a weird conversation with our stone supplier that day...

E: Are you married?
Me: (pause for 1 minute before looking at E incredulously) Me? Im only 21!
E: Who knows, a lot of people nowadays are already married at 18 or so.
Me: well, hmm,yar ar...
E: so you have boyfriend?
Me: (DING,DING,DING, 100th person mark) No, dont have one and dont have time to look for one. Im getting MD (boss) to look for me.
E: WHAT? MD got time meh to look for you? In that case i'll also ask her to look for girlfriend for me...haha
Me: ahahaha....(oookaayy...)
----a bit of blah, blah, yada,yada...----
E: Oklah, im going off now, if i stay or drop by longer i might end up being your boyfriend...
ahaha
Me: hahaha...(What the fuck??!!)

Even though he said it jokingly, it struck deep within my soul and led me to think over and over again. Am i resigning myself to working like this everyday? i might just end up like them, not married and no boyfriend...NOOOOOOOO.......and i might end up marrying an OLDER GUY.......erghhh...mintak2 janganlah aku kawin orang tua....but jodoh maut di tangan tuhan...

haiz....i've gotta go stalk Chester and force him to make me his 2nd wife or else mum will marry me off to an old man....ewwww....

No comments: