Monday, April 13, 2009

and i thought i was strong

but i was the one who ended up crying first. it felt like a bad sci fi drama. the doctor was drawing out diagrams and talking in a kind of hushed voice and she was next to me listening intently. tears started pooling and before i know it, i was sobbing quietly like an idiot, the mother load of tears came out at the part where the doctor was explaining about the whole breast being removed for a surgery option. a nurse passed me a tissue, when she saw me desperately trying to wipe my snot with the back of my palm. its stage 1, thank goodness for that but still...

i couldnt look at her for the entire time we were in the consultation room and i didnt have any comforting words to say. i DONT know what to say. How do you comfort someone especially your loved ones after hearing news like this? it was absurd to be seeing the problem made up of diagrams on a piece of paper and scans of the cyst...seriously, its giving me a headache..im starting to

No comments: