Sunday, December 26, 2004

Sublime...

Gosh, its been awhile since I wrote in. Maybe I should just keep this blogging a 1 month thing??? Anyway, the holiday was bloody boring. I had to amuse myself by cleaning, cooking and finding excuses to get out of the house. Im claustrophobic you know..haha. Now its the 2nd week of school and Im really glad to be back. The only turn off is that we’re continuing the project with the same brand..haiz..yap, I think I’ll be stuck with Origins forever..NOOOO..
damn it..
And to tell you the truth, I’m damn glad that we’re still having the old dude for Theory. I mean, Theory won’t be the same without him, right? Norain would be saying that I’m trying to saka the old dude or something right about..NOW..hahaha. But seriously, I bet this semester’s lectures will be fun because most of it will be on art movements of the past. Yes, the old dude will be talking about Dada, Surrealism, De Stijl and yada, yada, yada. Well, he talked about the Cubists and Futurists (a very anarchic and sexist group I must say) a few days ago, which might be influencing the 5th edition of the AFM (hint, hint).
The Manifesto (I think) by Sant'Ellia was very revolutionary and persuasive. Imagine someone saying that out loud right now, he’ll either be caught for encouraging war and terrorism or for being a nuisance. The old dude was so into the text as he read it to us (the letter where the general wrote of the death of Sant’Ellia)..hehe..he said it really shook him as he read it loudly..It was a bit weird at that time because everyone kept quiet, it was like MAGIC,really, no one really keeps quiet when the old dude talks so this is a once in a lifetime thing. Way to go old dude..hehe..
So I decided to write on Mies and Hans Bellmer for the Theory paper. The old dude gave me a weird look when I said Hans’ name. I think he couldn’t believe what I said. So what if Hans is a misogynist? So what if there’s not much info about him? He’s very interesting in a sort of sick way. His paintings and photos are very provocative. That’s enough to set me thinking of lots of stuff to write about him. It’s just too bad that the library has to close early because of Christmas. If not for that, I would have rushed to the library to get the big surrealist book.
You must be wondering why I’m so excited to write about these two old (or dead) farts. Both of them are weird guys. I think every artist (this sums up architect, painter, sculptor, etc) has their own weirdness about them. It’s like they’re in a world of their own. For example, Kurt Schwitters with his Merzbau and Van Gogh with his cut out ear, both of them seem to be in seclusion (Im not sure about Van Gogh though). I wish I could be like that. Well, not the cutting of the ear lah but being in your own world kind of thing. Before I forgot, let me add Gaudi to the list of weird artists. People still don’t know the reason for the Sagrada Familia being the way it is. It seems as though Gaudi meant for it to be talked and discussed upon years after his death. What the hell was he thinking when he designed the cathedral? Hmm..
What else do I want to talk about before this Radiohead’s album is over? Oh yeah, it has occurred to me that everyone is out to get me. Im not kidding, the culprits are the people in my cubby, and the old dude too. Call me paranoid but Norain keeps stepping on my shoe, kicking my leg and Colleen keeps bullying me. Why me? Why? Just because I dont look stable (all thanks to my messy hair) and I have the stoned look (Im having difficulty falling asleep nowadays), it doesnt mean that they have to target me. Haiz..Its so difficult being popular..
Hahaha..think I'd better sign off now before more nonsense comes out..Ciao..

No comments: