Monday, February 25, 2008

Row row row your boat.

Mum had to go for counselling after her blood pressure shot to 120 that day. I kind of pity her after reading on the net about the diet that she has to follow. No fatty stuff, no oily stuff, no snacks, no pickles, no sweet foods, well, you get the idea. Its either baked, roasted, steamed or boiled. And so, the whole family will have to forget about eating these yummy stuff as well so as to show our undying support for mummy dearest. Which means i also have to join in the power walk every weekend morning.. BOOOOOO...

Finally got to buy AIW book, although i wished i'd been patient enough to hunt for the original one with the full illustrations. It must cost a bomb though.

"Here one of the guinea-pigs cheered, and was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court. (As that is rather a hard word, I will just explain to you how it was done. They had a large canvas bag, which tied up at the mouth with strings: into this they slipped the guinea-pig, head first, and then sat upon it.) `I'm glad I've seen that done,' thought Alice. `I've so often read in the newspapers, at the end of trials, "There was some attempts at applause, which was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court," and I never understood what it meant till now.' "

Wasnt that hilarious?? i was laughing to myself the whole day after reading this part. Teehee. I could just hear Alice thinking that to herself.

No comments: